2.21.2012

NYFW: Naeem Khan

This year was the first time I got to cover the tents at NY Fashion Week. It was, in short, thrilling. I won't pretend that filing into our seats, then waiting for 30 minutes for the 15-minute show to start was that exciting. But when the lights dim and the music pulses and the models walk out wearing clothes like these, it's hard to not get caught up in it all. I got to attend about a dozen shows that I may or may not write about, but for now, I wanted to post my favorite show: Naeem Khan.

Khan's clothes have been worn by everyone from Beyoncé to Carrie Underwood, Emily Blunt to Angie Harmon—even Michelle Obama is a fan. The Indian-born designer launched his eponymous line in 2003 but it's taken off in recent years. I don't claim to be a fashion expert, but I appreciate elegance and detail. In those regards, these dresses speak for themselves. Now, if only I had an event worthy of wearing them... For now, enjoy the eye candy!

Photos: Alessandro Garofalo / GoRunway.com

No comments:

Post a Comment